Monday, August 2, 2021

LOVE

Among the different definitions of love I've heard, I stuck to this one which is (Love is defined as a strong affection you have for a person) for a long period of time.

All thanks to God for His word that makes men wise, I can't imagine how I intend living with people with that kind of definition in mind.


I know you would be surprised. Yes!

Love isn't just a feeling.

Can you imagine you eating just when you feel like, or taking your bath just when you feel like or when there's a strong feeling within you to do those things.

That's how it is with love.

You can't just describe love as a feeling.

It is a commitment.


John.13.34 - A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

This was an instruction Jesus gave to his disciples as regarding their way of behavior towards each other.

We are to love as He did. Now imagine Jesus loving us just when He felt like it.

If love was to be just a feeling, obviously Jesus wouldn't not have left Heaven talk more of dying for us.

God was interested in seeing us reflect his image again. He was committed to giving us a better life. He wanted us to be with Him in Heaven that's why he went all the way and gave all that was required even though it meant giving us His son.


You can't love as God loves with just a mere feeling in your heart.

Feelings vanish even change.

You must be interested in seeing your fellow human become the best of themselves.

You must be committed to seeing them successful at the things they do.

The love of God is what makes you reach out to souls that are perishing in Sin.


One of the things I've learnt is to live my life by the rules of the Bible.

1 Corinthians 13 gives us the real definition of Love and 1 John 4 tells us God is love.

Anything outside the Biblical definition is not of God and the Bible never defined it as a feeling. 

Love requires HARD WORK.


PRAYER:

Dear Lord teach me to love just as you do.

Give me genuine love.


#myexperience

#jayob

#jayexperiences

No comments:

Post a Comment

LOVE

Among the different definitions of love I've heard, I stuck to this one which is (Love is defined as a strong affection you have for a p...