Thursday, July 2, 2020

One of  the things I love doing is making a review about my life and trust me it helps a lot. There are times we need to sit down and ask ourselves questions about the mistakes we've made, the decisions we took that affected our lives and lots more. A moment of reflection is necessary in the life of a christian.

Part of what i would be doing for the next seven days is to share one of the cogent points God made me to understand in the month of June which is the 'Proverbs 31 woman'.
I've been reading the proverbs 31 chapter of the Bible time and again but it never made much sense as it did in the month of June.

First I began by reading a blog post made by Mrs Pearl Akazue on what it really means to be a Proverbs 31 woman, thereafter we held a prayer challenge which lasted for 13 minutes for 13 days and the prayer was centered around telling God to make us the Proverbs 31 woman.
It was intriguing, I never wanted it to end. But although it did I learnt to always go back to God and pray to Him to mould me into that kinda woman.

So I would be sharing so me of the lessons I learnt and I hope you would be blessed by it.
P.S Don't rush while reading it! Take your time and absorb every part of it. It applys to the male folks as well because it takes a virtuous man to find a virtuous woman.

#1 Being a virtuous woman is a goal that can only be achieved by the help of the Holy Spirit.
    There are many theories that say that the Proverbs 31 woman cannot be fully achieved in one person. But its not true. It's God's word and only His Spirit can work out those virtues in s if we are yielded to his instructions. The Proverbs 31 woman is a typical example of the Bride of Christ and hence we all want to be the Bride of Christ, we have to allow His Spirit to work it out in us. It may not be easy due to certain lifestyles we are accustomed to and we would have to drop. But "...if ye be willing and obedient ye shall eat the good of the land..."

#2 It goes beyond keeping to moral values.
      In being a virtuous man or woman, merely sticking to certain vales and rules can't help in making you the kind of person God wants you to be.
Telling yourself or people around you ' I won't lie, I won't be lazy, I would speak nicely, I would be quiet...' can't do the work alone. There are times you would get tired of abiding by rules, you would  want to loosen up a bit and just free yourself. But when God's Spirit is working out those virtues in you, it becomes your habit. It becomes a part of your daily life and that's beyond sticking to moral values.

#itzjayob
#myexperience

PRAYER POINTS
*Dear lord by your Spirit mould me into the kind of person you want me to be.
*Help me to be obedient while you work out those virtues in me.
*Give me the grace to drop those habits that contradicts your ways.
*Dear Lord, by my strength alone I can't become that which you desire, but by your Spirit mould me such that my daily habits conforms with your plans for my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LOVE

Among the different definitions of love I've heard, I stuck to this one which is (Love is defined as a strong affection you have for a p...